Friday, December 3, 2010

Log 2

Google Docs

Google Docs is a free, Web-based word processor. It stores data and can be used to form spreadsheets, presentations, and forms. You can create new files and also download documents you have previously written on your computer and save them in your Google Docs. Google Docs allows you to continuously edit and save documents.

One of the major benefits of Google Docs is that you can invite others to share your work and even allow them to edit it if you so wish. If you want the documents to remain private you can opt out of sharing them. Another great feature of Google Docs is that it automatically saves your work every few seconds so if the computer crashes, your work is saved.

Throughout the report writing process I have found Google Docs to be invaluable. It has enabled me to store all my work in one place, which I can access on the internet from any computer anywhere in the world. It eliminates the need for a memory stick which isn’t always the most reliable way of storing your work as it can be easily misplaced or damaged.

I now use Google Docs to store other personal documents, such as my CV’s and photos. Having them all stored in one place makes it much easier for me to access them quickly and from any computer. As I don’t always carry my memory stick with me, I could use Google Docs to access my CV and then print it out at a printing shop, if I was called in to an audition with just an hours notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment