Friday, December 3, 2010

Log 3

Main Project Findings

Through my investigation to discover differences in attitudes towards CPD for actors in London and LA, I have come to the conclusion that:

1) CPD for actors is far more widely recognised and more readily available in LA than in London
2) Acting coaching does not necessarily increase your employability as an actor
3) A mentor could be a great source of CPD in terms of helping to further an actor’s career
4) There is a major gap in the market for facilitating the transition period between university/college and employment for actors
5) Acting classes are more geared towards theatre work in London, and TV and film in LA.

The main benefit of my findings was to discover that I should perhaps concentrate on finding a mentor to help facilitate my career, rather than solely focussing on my acting training.

No comments:

Post a Comment